Saturday, December 26, 2020

Anastasia

 

DC has always loved this movie, but more-so over the last year. I am not sure why.


May 2015:

Paris:

Before we visited the tower, our first stop which happened to be right where the train in let us off was the Arc de Triomphe. Thinking that he would not be at all impressed with this because to him it was an arch, nothing more, I was surprised when he  recognized this arch – from Anastasia. I had forgotten all about that movie. I was kicking myself for not remembering it and looking into more Anastasia references before we left on our trip.


Dec 2019:

Yesterday DC needed to wear a mustache. He told me he was "Jim Dear". He put a different one on again this morning and told me he was "Mr. Disney". Then, I guess he decided he did not need his mustache today and took it off. He told me he was "Dimitri" (from Anastasia). #ThatWorks

***

DC is getting ready for Camp Music.
He has tortured them over the last two weeks by choosing songs from Anastasia. Not only is the movie 23 years old, but not being "Disney" makes it not as popular as some of the Disney choices he could have made. The only person who seems to know these songs is 'Par-ee-ka', the assistant director.
Hoping to get a different thought in his head before camp started, I asked him that maybe he wanted to suggest "Here Comes The Sun" (Beatles, but also Disney's Parent Trap) this week. I had to try to come up with something that is 1. Well known and 2. Known to DC - that seemed to fit.
DC: NO! Paris Holds The Key To Your Heart!
He already had his pick in his head and yes... #Anastasia.
#SorryDGroup I tried!

***

One of those accidental gift finds...
DC wants pretty much the same things all of the time (or something so old or obscure that I have to resort to eBay). It’s hard to find him something other than the regular things on his list that will really make him happy. He wanted an Anastasia book (he already has a few). While searching to find one that he didn’t have, I came across a music box that plays “Once Upon a December”, the song that he haunted his virtual camp music class with all summer.
Score!!!!!! He’s been playing it all morning!!!
I also found an ornament for him and one for Mrs. H as a reminder that she hasn’t had to read Anastasia with him since March due to the pandemic. #MoviesThatAreTwentyYearsOld



*******************

In case you are new here: “I tell stories, most of the time; single individual stories about this or that. Some may be written with humor and some may come across as “Oh, look at the cute thing DC did or said” (he does crack me up at times) but my object is always to make people understand how his mind works, never to "make fun of him"

It is difficult to explain “his” autism to anyone without resorting to 1000 examples and 1000 stories. So I tell 1000 stories to make clear that there are other sides to autism than the characters seen in TV or movies."

This blog is used for shorter posts, off topic posts and also for longer Face book statuses. Please visit my official blog site at: Taking it a Step at a Time 


No comments:

Post a Comment