Thursday, May 7, 2020

Quarantine Diaries Part 5 - Masks, Garlic and Jelly Beans



As you might imagine, DC is NOT a fan of the mask.
I have tried a few different variations, but he hated all of them.


******


Who would have ever imagined that the masks that he holds to his face when I spray him with bug spray when he works in the greenhouse at his job (that he despises - the mask not the job) would be the mask he is most comfortable wearing? I didn't even try them because he normally hates them so much.


Mask wearing - Accomplished!


****

DC is dancing around the kitchen and living room, announcing that he is dancing - in case I did not know what he was doing.

Me: What are you dancing to?

DC: Celebration
Me: (rolling eyes) I'm glad you have your headphones on then.
DC: (laughs because he knows how much I loath that song) Celebration!
I blame Winter Guard 100% for this... (see, It's a Celebration)


****
DC would rather write princess names on 1000 pieces of white paper than do anything crafty - normally.

And we’re painting.
#Lockdown



****
This guy loves garlic. He puts garlic powder on everything.
There has been no garlic powder in the grocery store for the past two weeks. (What’s up with that?)
I found some on Amazon. It will be delivered on Saturday.
Recite and Repeat:
“Mom! I wish the garlic will be delivered soon. I miss my garlic.”
Things are just getting weird now...
****

This morning: There is a bag of jellybeans in the cabinet and DC knows it. We seem to have a lot more junk around for a lock-down/quarantine than we usually do so I am trying to ration it or spread it out so it doesn’t become a habit.

He asked about the jelly beans yesterday (in-between longing for a garlic delivery), I told him he could have some today.

He woke up this morning and the first words out of his mouth were:
“Jelly beans today”
Me: Oh My God! You didn’t even say good morning before you started asking for jelly beans!
DC left the room saying “do it again”.
He came back in: Good morning Mom! Jelly beans today?
****
Another front porch visit with grandma.


This visit lasted a little bit longer than the last but it took a turn when Grandma decided she wanted to come out and sit (with a mask on) on one end of the porch while we were on the other end. 
He was not happy that he had to put his mask on.
He was grouchy the entire time we were there.



As he sat there I did notice that DC is getting gray hair! I guess I shouldn't be shocked as I started going gray around 18, but I was.
My "baby' has gray hair!
****
His garlic arrived a day earlier than expected (Phew!) so all was right with the world for the day.


Yes, he is kissing the garlic container (after it was wiped down of course)
****

Quarantine Diaries - all



*****
In case you are new here: “I tell stories, most of the time; single individual stories about this or that. Some may be written with humor and some may come across as “Oh, look at the cute thing DC did or said” (he does crack me up at times) but my object is always to make people understand how his mind works, never to "make fun of him"

It is difficult to explain “his” autism to anyone without resorting to 1000 examples and 1000 stories. So I tell 1000 stories to make clear that there are other sides to autism than the characters seen in TV or movies."
This blog is used for shorter posts, off topic posts and also for longer Face book statuses. Please visit my official blog site at: Taking it a Step at a Time 


No comments:

Post a Comment