Friday, January 26, 2018

Full Sentences Brought to You By Disney #FullSentencesBroughtToYouByDisney

and some languages too....

A collection of random Disney-Speak Facebook posts:

"Engle-ish"


DC (on you-tube) "Disneyland! My favorite place! Sleeping Beauty's castle"
Me: Yes I liked Disneyland too.
DC: "Cinderella's castle"
Me: Cinderella's castle is in Disney World. Who's castle is in Disneyland Paris?
Of course he told me whose castle is there but he also added
"French, not 'Engle-ish'"
I know this doesn't seem like a big deal but I'm a little bit blown away because different languages, like different states or counties are not always concepts he understands or pays attention to.

FB Statuses

***
His somewhat formal way of speaking comes directly from Disney or other beloved Movies, Books and TV shows...




Me: "Hey, you forgot to share with me"
DC: (going straight for the 'formal' apology) 
"I'm sorry, 'Mother'- Don't be sad. Can you ever forgive me?"
as he shoves the last bugle into his mouth......

FB Statuses 

***

Me: DC, you look tired. Did you have a good nights sleep?
DC: NOT TIRED!
Me: I'm just asking because you seem a 'little bit (!)' crabby.
DC: NOT 'CRAPPY' ANY MORE!
Me: Don't get upset, I am just asking because you don't seem yourself. Do you feel okay?
DC: I TIRED, NOT TIRED, I TIRED!
Me: So you didn't sleep well?
DC: NOT TIRED!
Me: Okay, Okay. I am only asking.
DC: "Back at the party, everyone was wondering why the lion hadn't come back with the pumpkin"
***
We're done talking about this, I guess. #RandomTVLines#DisneysOutOfTheBox
#FullSentencesBroughtToYouByDisney





 Out of all of the TV shows (Barney, Doodle Bops, The Wiggles, Barney, PB&J Otter <anyone else have a problem with the name of the lake they lived on?> - did I mention, Barney?) I've been made to watch over the years (and still, really) - Out of the Box was one of the few that I didn't/don't mind.

FB Statuses

***

Mother, would you be so kind to join me for lunch?  #FullSentencesBroughtToYouByDisney

***

I want the chips in the 'Cub-Board' (not the cabinet, the cupboard)

***

Excuse me, Mademoiselle

***






DC: 'If you will excuse me', I am going to the kitchen to do the writing
#FullSentencesBroughtToYouByDisney 

FB Statuses


****

****
6 years ago at the fair... DC meets a llama - Kuzco, of course because #EverythingIsRelated#AllDisneyAllOfTheTime
#FullSentencesBroughtToYouByDisney


FB Statuses

****

Monday did not start off all that wonderfully, but we turned a corner when DC came down the stairs quoting " As long as you are under my roof, you have to follow my rules". 
Me: Where did you hear that?
DC: Zack and Cody's mother. 
See her in September. (Excitedly) Yes!!!!!
Me: Yes you sure will! I'm glad that made you happier this morning!
So. Kim Rhodes , Disney and #SPNNJ saved the morning.
#AllDisneyAllOfTheTime #FullSentencesBroughtToYouByDisney
(Fingers crossed for the rest of the morning, but it's looking up. PS: He had his computer privileges taken away last night so I think this actually might mean that he understands why and I'm not just "the mean mother" !!! )



I used this in another post,, but it fits here as well Facebook Status

***



Facebook Status

***

Looking at the broken glass in the sink 
Me: DC did you break a glass.
DC: it was a ‘ak-see-ent’
Me: I know but you have to tell me and not just leave it in the sink.
DC: I’m sorry, Mom. ‘I had nothing to do with it.’
(I had nothing to do with it ~ Belle’s Sing Me Story)
#FullSentencesBroughtToYouByDisney


Facebook Status

***
DC runs in to the room: 
“I love you old woman”😂😂😂😂😂😂
(His “I’m sorry” tour began immediately after) 

~ Origin remains unclear, but I am putting my money on the Fox and the Hound for the "Old Woman" part of the sentence

Facebook Status

****




*******


This blog is used for shorter posts, off topic posts and also for longer Facebook statuses. Please visit my official blog site at: Taking it a Step at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment