Thursday, February 16, 2017

'Val-lum-times'

A few Facebook statuses from and about Valentine's Day.


"Mom! Happy 'Val-lum-times' Day coming soon two weeks!" 
(Repeat every 10 minutes) - in case any of you were not aware and need to update your calendar......
You're welcome!
#ItsWhatsNext 
#HappySaturday

From Take Another Step Facebook Page


From 3 years ago #Bacon

From Take Another Step Facebook Page

***
This boy loves his Jelly Beans. 
These will last a bit longer than usual as he has to read each and every one to me before eating.
Happy Valentine's Day! #valentinejellybeans

From Take Another Step Facebook Page

***

It's been a (insert expletive of your choice here) week, but these made my day! (Flowers from Best Buddies Flower arranging class on Wednesday and cards from Camp party) - #earlyvalentinesgifts 
Happy Valentine's Day

From Take Another Step Facebook Page

And this year:



DC just presented me with this beautiful fake flower that he pulled out of an old party favor arrangement that I had sitting on a shelf. 
Happy Valentine's Day! 
#ItsTheThoughtThatCounts


Oh, and a heart eraser that he got at his camp party last night.




 But wait, there's more.... a note on his grocery list 

I'm wondering now if the note to me on his shopping list was really not a note to me at all but an addition of an item on his shopping list. Hmmmm.

From Take Another Step Facebook Page

(FYI, I was correct, he did add it to his list because he wanted to buy me a heart. I thought originally that he just picked up the first piece of paper that he could find to draw me a heart)

*******************

In case you are new here: “I tell stories, most of the time; single individual stories about this or that. Some may be written with humor and some may come across as “Oh, look at the cute thing DC did or said” (he does crack me up at times) but my object is always to make people understand how his mind works, never to "make fun of him"

It is difficult to explain “his” autism to anyone without resorting to 1000 examples and 1000 stories. So I tell 1000 stories to make clear that there are other sides to autism than the characters seen in TV or movies."\
***

This blog is used to copy my posts (as back-up) from my official site and also for longer Facebook statuses. Please visit my official blog site at: Taking it a Step at a Time

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment