Thursday, March 18, 2021

Quarantine Diaries: Part 28 - The Gateway to the Big Birthday

 As we all know, my birthday is just the gateway (or the practice round) to DC's birthday... and let me tell you, he was excited!

You would have had to read my previous blog post for this to make sense...
DC came home from his shopping trip to “buy Mom a birthday gift” (and we all know that he can’t keep a secret) but he said nothing. I was impressed at his ability not to tell me right away.
About a half hour later he piped up with.
“Mom, it’s a secret. Together in Paris necklace for Mom’s birthday”
Normally he would have announced it as soon as he walked in so the half hour he waited showed a little bit more restraint on his part. - March 11, 2021

***



One might imagine that DC’s vote for my BD dinner tonight is pizza and cake...

#LittleHints - March 13, 2021

*** 

Oddly enough he changed his mind and decided on Chinese food for Mom's birthday! I  already told you that he already put in his order for pizza, wings and cake for his birthday; so maybe he decided to take the opportunity to get in a different favorite on mine?

***

Just to be clear; I am not all that fond of cake.

Frosting? YES!

Cupcakes? YES! (only when there is more frosting than cake)

So I did not find it necessary to get a big cake for me. There was enough for one big piece for him and one big piece for Doug. 

Seriously... the pieces were big.

****

The boards arrived so I could take down the reminder notes in my living room.
Some had already been accomplished:
Dollar Store ✅
Tuesday Groceries ✅
Mom’s Birthday was over as soon as he had cake tonight ✅
Only one reminder left, might think?
No... There was something new to worry about. - March 13, 2021


***

All Quarantine Diaries Here

*******************

In case you are new here: “I tell stories, most of the time; single individual stories about this or that. Some may be written with humor and some may come across as “Oh, look at the cute thing DC did or said” (he does crack me up at times) but my object is always to make people understand how his mind works, never to "make fun of him"

It is difficult to explain “his” autism to anyone without resorting to 1000 examples and 1000 stories. So I tell 1000 stories to make clear that there are other sides to autism than the characters seen in TV or movies."

This blog is used for shorter posts, off topic posts and also for longer Face book statuses. Please visit my official blog site at: Taking it a Step at a Time 

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you both. The messages on the boards are quite amusing!

    ReplyDelete