Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Ridiculous



Salli's* mother texted this morning looking to see if Salli left her lunchbox in my car yesterday. DC and Salli went back to their program last week. Salli goes every day, DC only 3 days per week for now.

(We will talk about this later)

Before anyone gets their back up; my car was wiped down and sprayed before Salli got in and again after Salli got out. Masks were worn by all and windows were open for ventilation.

Anyway...

I checked my car. It was there. I brought it into the house and texted Tonya* that we would drop it off on their porch some time today.

I did not put the lunchbox on DC's "sitting chair".

I did not put the lunchbox on DC's "book holding chair".

I did not place the lunchbox on the left side (his side) of the kitchen table.

I put the lunchbox on the right side of the table. It was close to the middle, but more to the right.

I left the room to get ready to do our errands and drop it on Salli's porch.

Apparently the middle of the table was not a good pick in DC's eyes. The middle of the kitchen floor was much better.

After finding DC's friend's lunchbox in the middle of the kitchen floor after I put it on the table (Apparently he was preparing the space for his laptop, pile of paper, markers, band-aids and DVD's later in the day.)
ME: DC, Why is this in the middle of the floor? Don't you think that is a little bit ridiculous?
DC: I am sorry to be "dic-less"
That is all.

I'm the Mom so I am not supposed to laugh.

I did.

A lot!

He came back at me a few more times to "apollo-gize" the same way.

Fortunately he stopped apologizing by the time we left the house.

 

*******************

In case you are new here: “I tell stories, most of the time; single individual stories about this or that. Some may be written with humor and some may come across as “Oh, look at the cute thing DC did or said” (he does crack me up at times) but my object is always to make people understand how his mind works, never to "make fun of him"

It is difficult to explain “his” autism to anyone without resorting to 1000 examples and 1000 stories. So I tell 1000 stories to make clear that there are other sides to autism than the characters seen in TV or movies."

This blog is used for shorter posts, off topic posts and also for longer Face book statuses. Please visit my official blog site at: Taking it a Step at a Time 



No comments:

Post a Comment