Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Election and a Parenting Fail

Like most of you, I was up most of the night. I stayed up until the bitter end. 

This morning DC asked me if I was happy, which is something that he does often - he wants to make sure everyone is happy. 

But he kept asking... so I tried to explain the election to him.

Because I know there is a lot more going on in his head than he can communicate, I always do try to explain everything he seems to have a question about. I do try to explain elections, the president etc every time they come around. Usually he is with me when we go to vote. I don't know how much he understands but I always try to explain. 

I started by telling him I was disappointed (I did not want to say that I was not happy as that just upsets him) about the election. I was not going to go into great detail, I was just going to say that I was disappointed because our new President is not always a very nice man. Instead I  proceeded to burst into tears just trying to explain it to that beautiful innocent face looking at me. 

I should have waited to talk about it. I did not realize I would get that emotional. It was not my intention to present it that way to him. 

We will have a lot more talking to do ....... 

I did get a big hug and a "Don't be sad, Mom" i thanked him for making me feel better so here's hoping that he won't be worried or nervous.

That's my job.

From Facebook Page Statuses at Take Another Step
**********

This blog is used to copy my posts (as back-up) from my official site and also for longer facebook statuses. Please visit my official blog site at: Taking it a Step at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment