Sunday, February 9, 2020

The "Snow Ball"





Thursday Morning - February 6, 2020

DC and I discussing the “Snow Ball” that he will be attending on Saturday. Although he does rename most dances; this particular dance is officially called a “Ball” so you know he’ll be wearing a suit.
Me: Which suit are you going to wear?
DC: Blue. Have good taste.
#humble


***
Saturday Morning - February 8, 2020

DC came home sick on Thursday. (Oh no! What if he can’t go to the “Snow Ball” on Saturday?).
I kept him home on Friday - no fever but he was coughing and very stuffy. All day while looking as if he could not keep his eyes open and with that red stripe under his nose that shows up immediately when he’s not feeling well or is having an allergy problem - he told me he was “feeling well” and “going to the ball”.

 All . Day . Long....

He looked worse as the day wore on. So I started getting him ready for the fact that he might not be able to go to the “Snow Ball”.


I didn’t want to say outright that he couldn’t because that would make the day that much worse for him (and me). But I was 99% sure that he would not be going.

By the time I got him to go to sleep for the night, he looked so awful that I was absolutely sure that there was no way he’d be well enough to go.


I mean, Doug moved AND sat in his chair in the kitchen and DC not only did not say a word but I’m not even sure he noticed! (See: "You're In My Spot")


Well, this morning he woke up looking like the picture of health! I was shocked and said “Oh my god, you look amazing!”


So fingers crossed that there is no relapse today because I told him he looks amazing and he’s reminded me of that at least 50 times (it’s only 10:30). He’s convinced he’s going so I’ll just be over here #HoldingMyBreath


*****

Saturday evening, February 8, 2020

Phew!



They had a fantastic time and I am still completely amazed at his turn-around!

*****
Sunday morning, February 9, 2020

After hearing about the "Snow Ball", "Going to the Snow Ball" and "I am feeling well" ...... Snow Ball, Snow Ball, Snow Ball for two days...
DC has moved on to screeching "Hooray, Hooray, It's 'Valentime's' Day"
Me: It's not Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day is Friday.
DC: "Hooray, Hooray, It's 'Valentime's' Day"
Me: You're just not going to give me a break, are you?
DC: No.
#Honesty #MovingOn


****
************************

In case you are new here: 
“I tell stories, most of the time; single individual stories about this or that. Some may be written with humor and some may come across as “Oh, look at the cute thing DC did or said” (he does crack me up at times) but my object is always to make people understand how his mind works, never to "make fun of him"

It is difficult to explain “his” autism to anyone without resorting to 1000 examples and 1000 stories. So I tell 1000 stories to make clear that there are other sides to autism than the characters seen in TV or movies."
This blog is used for shorter posts, off topic posts and also for longer Face book statuses. Please visit my official blog site at: Taking it a Step at a Time 

1 comment: