Thursday, November 21, 2019

Spontaneous Phone Use....



I wrote a post a little while back about DC using the phone spontaneously.

He had done it once before; one time that I was sure it was a spontaneous call.

There have been a few others, but they were years apart and I was never really sure that it was entirely his idea to call me.

(See: The Little Things That Aren’t So Little)

Needless to say, I was thrilled when I wrote that post.

But Wait! There Was More!


Only a few short weeks later....
DC was out with his Dad. 


When his Dad brought him home at the end of the day, they found the front door locked.

I had gone out earlier that afternoon.

I left and came home through the garage and had forgotten to unlock the front door again.

I was washing dishes so I did not hear them knock over the running water, AC and the TV, but I did hear my phone ring.

It was DC telling me he was home and to open the door!

(I did ask his Dad if he decided to call on his own and Yes, Yes he did!!!)


 #IThinkHesGotIt


***
I have been working on this for years. I want it to occur to him that he can use the phone if he ever needs help, if he needs anything. I wanted him to think to use his phone if he needed to.

He did not always think that way. He used his phone when he was supposed to or when he was told to.

It was never a thought in his mind that he could also use it when he wanted to our needed to.

Finally, Finally, I think he's got it. 

Knowing he will call me or someone else if he should need help, takes a little part of that load off of my mind.

****
You can read more about our progress (or sometimes, lack there of) over the years, right here:
The Telephone

****

This blog is used for shorter posts, off topic posts and also for longer Face book statuses. Please visit my official blog site at: Taking it a Step at a Time 








No comments:

Post a Comment