Sunday, May 1, 2016

Still laughing at myself

If you can’t laugh at yourself……

This post was originally scheduled to run in recognition of April Fools Day, but due to other circumstances occurring on that day (here), it did not seem appropriate to let it run.
This post is a rerun from last year. No, they are not April Fools gags or pranks (I could only wish they were) but, if I can’t laugh at myself, someone else will do it for me.
Having said that, I just remembered another that probably never made a Facebook status because it was quite a while back, but adding to the evidence of my inattentiveness  and another I will blame on my poor eyesight (Those are my stories and I am sticking to them):
I was reading an article in the town paper about all of the businesses that were either moving out of town or just closing their doors completely due the outrageous rents they were required to pay. At this point I had lived in this town a good 10 years, so when I saw a business name that I didn’t recognize at all, I asked Doug:
“Where is Ken’s Taco Hut?”
He just looked at me oddly.
“I’m reading this article about businesses closing and I have never heard of “Ken’s Taco Hut”. Where is it?”
Odd look again…. then he took the paper and proceeded to laugh for quite some time (in all honesty, I don’t believe he has completely finished laughing ) and said, “You’re kidding right?”
“No! I’ve never heard of Ken’s Taco Hut! Has it been here long?”
Yes, it had! It was a fast food place that DC and I has been to quite often that was a combination of Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut, hence the nickname Ken-Taco-Hut (exactly the way it was written in the article).
and…
From my car, I always thought "Tony's" was an odd name for a Chinese restaurant . today while walking my @charitymiles , I discovered that #iJustNeedGlasses
From my car, I always thought “Tony’s” was an odd name for a Chinese restaurant . Today while walking my @charitymiles, I discovered that #IJustNeedGlasses

From July 2015:
Something’s coming…Could it be? Yes it could…….Old Age or just losing my mind?


confused
This is one of those posts that I put together and save to post later when we are away or when I am really busy and really don’t have the time to write (or, when I have been sick most of the week). Like the “Blog Title Series” (Series? Yes, there’s more), they are very often off topic or “fluff”. I like fluff, sometimes fluff is fun.
So when I say “the other day”, it may have really been the other day when I wrote this, but I never know how long these posts will sit before they are actually published….
To be honest, “the other day” or “last year” or “just recently” in my mind can mean just about anything these days. I often think something happened just a few years ago, only to find it happened 10 or 15 years back. I seem to have no sense of time anymore – which leads me to the point of this post….
I don’t think about my age all that often, unless of course I make some sort of mistake and then of course I blame it on my age. It is a perfectly good excuse for many things.
Then there are days like today when I start to wonder if it really is just an excuse. Granted, I have had a few things on my mind lately but still, I am beginning to wonder….
I stopped at a convenience store on my way to work this morning. I stop there quite often and almost always park in the same space. This morning my that space was taken so I parked on the other side of the building. When I came out of the store I headed towards my parking space. I looked at the car and while I was trying to open the door, I said to myself “Why does my car look so dark?” – yes I actually said that to myself! I didn’t think “Oh this is not my car” instead I thought it somehow magically changed colors!
This incident reminded me about another day a few weeks back when I pulled into the drive-thru at the bank. I pulled up to the drawer and was fishing around in my purse when a heard a voice from the speaker coming from behind me “Can I help you?”. When I looked up I realized that I had passed right by the drive-thru window and was sitting in front of the night drop drawer.
Keeping all of that in mind, I was going through my face book looking for something. Everytime I start looking for anything on-line, in the house or anywhere, I never seem to find it. I do usually come across other things that distract me from what I was originally looking for. Here are a few status updates of mine that I came across:
So I guess you can’t teach an old dog new tricks…6 months with the new car and I still forget to put it in park before turning it off and am I the only one who forgets to put the cup under the KEURIG?
After looking at the pictures we HAD to have taken for work, I realize I really need to have eyelid surgery (this is, of course above and beyond all of the other issues I already knew I would see). ‪
You know you’re getting old when you can throw out/ hurt your knee just getting into the car!
Okay, so I haven’t driven an automatic in the snow since 1984! To quote DC, “I’m getting very nervous about this”
I don’t really understand what this “poking” thing is, but okay……
Remember when you could just open a toy and take it out of the box? I’ll pay cash for someone to open this!!!! ðŸ’°ðŸ’°
10538533_10202730931338994_9213834465729708065_n
So you know how facebook is always trying to get you to “complete your profile”? What does it say about me that the only option showing under “Which musicians do you like” is: GILBERT O’SULLIVAN????? ….and yes, I do know who he is……………………
I may or may not have just washed my spoon at work with Windex because I was too lazy to walk back downstairs to the kitchen ….
Just wondering, a week later, because that is what I do…… Is it odd that I was watching a show about Zombies, blood, guts and cannibals and the guy chewing gum (or whatever) is what grossed me out?
I just un-wrapped a cough drop, threw it in my purse and shoved the wrapper in my mouth…… It’s already been one of those days…
I just tried to open the garage door with my phone
NEVER look into the magnifying side of the mirror while wearing cheaters!
It happened! I was offered a senior discount ðŸ˜¦
I don’t think I have to go on……. Fortunately all of the above happened in a span of a couple of years. I would really be worried if they happened all on top of each other.
Having just said that: Today I was in the office on a Saturday. I went down to the kitchen to make a cup of tea. I got the cup, tossed in the tea bag, threw in some truvia and it wasn’t until I started filling the cup with hot water from the dispenser that  I noticed the unopened packet of truvia floating in the cup.
Later at home while making tea, I tossed in the tea bag, and a packet of truvia – making sure that I opened and poured the contents into the cup and put it into the microwave. When I took it out I discovered I had forgotten the water.
Again, I HAVE had a few things on my mind lately and I am notorious for not paying attention (she says trying to defend herself)…
I’m beginning to see a pattern emerging here……  and I think might be time to give up tea….

No comments:

Post a Comment