Thursday, January 21, 2016

and still more statuses

and still more Short Stories



Below are some “short stories” (statuses) that have been posted on my own and my public Facebook pages – too short to qualify as a blog post, although many have turned out to be the inspiration for an official blog post. You may have seen a few of these before, probably not all though. Some are recent, others are old “Facebook Memories” (love that!).
This is one of those posts that I put together and save to post later when we are away or when I am really busy and really don’t have the time to write. Like the “Blog Title Series” (Series? Yes, there’s more), they are very often off topic or “fluff”. I like fluff, sometimes fluff is fun. 
DC taking a bow at Best Buddies Karaoke today. “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” – Anyone shocked at that selection? Thanks for the picture, Steve!
rainbow
…..

DC’s been dancing and singing since 7am “I like to be in ‘Mary – Ka’ “. He’s ready for West Side Story today!
…..
It’s a Cinderella Halloween Wedding! “Do you take this man to be your Wedding Wedding husband?”
…..
Good Morning and Happy Halloween! (Song from “Sabrina the Teenage Witch”)
…..
He came back with Bread and only Bread.
bread
…..
The DR also loves wings (Giving up the “fish fingers and custard” for the evening)
fish fingers

…..
It is now time for us to stand uncomfortably around the staff room for the third cake of the week.
…..
Official review is in: DC is giving #peterpanlive a “two eyes closed” and that means I can be done with this!
two eyes closed
(He did totally love it on DVD without the commercials)
…..
I have completely lost my voice. As much as I am sure that many people are happy about this – DC, on the other hand has been pretty freaked out.
He’s “very nervous about this”
I cant hear you
…..
“Mom! I am so exciting for Friday is Christmas Eve!”
(I gave up explaining that Christmas Eve is Thursday, early on – I think he really means “Christmas” anyway)
Me: Yes you are!
“Work on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday! No work ‘Firsday’ and Friday, Please!”
Me: No, no work Thursday and Friday, don’t worry.
“Please!”
Me: No, no work – don’t worry.
(30 seconds later)
“Mom! I am so exciting for Friday is Christmas Eve!”
Me: Okay.
“Work on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday! No work ‘Firsday’ and Friday, Please!”
Me: No, no work Thursday and Friday, don’t worry.
“Please!”
Me: no, I told you, no work.
(Repeat 700 times)
How was your day?
…..

Too many things needed to be charged tonight so I unplugged the lamp in the living room downstairs where no one is or will be until morning (one of three lamps) – This is what is keeping him awake tonight. “The Lamp- Unplugged”
…..
“Vickie, I got the most “skata-brand*” idea!” ~ Hayley Mills ~ The Trouble with Angels~ (and no, I still have not been informed of what that idea might be) …
…..
So DC had “Secret Breakfast” this morning, but he asked for it with BACON. I voted “no” on that one because “That would be ‘dis-dust-ing’ “

No comments:

Post a Comment