Thursday, February 5, 2015

Liebster Awards and the blogs that I love!

Liebster Awards and the blogs that I love!


Liebster
Last night I was notified that I had been nominated for a “Liebster Award” by Autism Mom. First and foremost I’d like to thank Autism Mom for including my blog in her list of nominations. I enjoy reading her blog everyday and I am honored that she takes the time to read and comment on mine.
I had never heard of this award before, so after a little bit of searching, I did come across the award and the rules – but many different variations of the rules. Becoming rather confused, I decided to link to Autism Mom’s explanation of this award (here) and follow the rules that she used in her piece. – Yes… I took the easy route…

It is wonderful of course to receive recognition from other bloggers – especially since until a year and a half ago, blogging was the farthest thing from my mind – and from what I have read, this process will and does help to share your blog and the blogs that you love with the rest of the blogging community.

Having received a nomination, it is now my turn to come up with a list of my own nominations.

This is the easy part.

Autism-Mom – (If it is allowed. Autism-Mom would have been on the top of my list even if she had not nominated me. I will assume she will not be required to go through this whole process again.) “Sharing Autism ideas, news, strategies and tools, and lessons learned from one mom with one child and one experience on the Autism spectrum.”
Mother O’ Jim“Mother o’ Jim, a blog about and with her son James, a wonderful young adult on the autism spectrum, who is searching for the path and tools to be independent.”
Wendy Jane’s Soul Shake- “One white woman’s curious obsession with race. Follow my quest to connect across color lines.”
One Loco Mommy“Balancing Life, Love and Autism in the Great Suburban Outback”
Baby Boomer Bubbie –  “Baby Boomer Woman, Creative, Mother, Bubbie, ex-wife, curious, future, past, concerns, fears, hopes”
Sassy Aspie Mom - “A little blog about my life as a wife and mom raising two boys (one who has Asperger’s Syndrome).”
*************************
Next step is to answer the questions listed by the blogger that nominated you (each nominator should some up with a set of questions for their nominees to answer as an introduction to other bloggers and readers).
Autism Mom asked and I answered:
      1. How is blogging different than how you thought it would be when you started?
I can’t really say that I had any expectations when I started at all. I suppose the support from other bloggers was surprising.
  1. What is your favorite blog post that you have written?
Mother’s Day update
But one would have to read “Mother’s Day and the Macaroni Necklace” to understand the update.
  1. What is the most surprising thing that you have blogged about, that you never thought you would blog about?
Ha Ha! That would be toilet paper under the code name of “paper towels”.
  1. Where is the strangest place you have blogged (e.g., typed on your computer, wrote down blogging notes, etc.)?
I suppose it would have to be in the car – passenger side – I do not blog and drive.
  1. Which blogger would you most like to meet?
That’s a tough one. I really would like to meet them all.
I do know Wendy from Wendy Jane’s Soul Shake, but I haven’t seen her in (mumble, mumble) years. I really would love to meet the rest. Although, coffee/Dr.Who Experience in London with Autism Mom would have been right up there on THE top of my list if it had turned out that we would both be in London at the same time (We won’t be. It was close, but no cigar)
*********
The final step is to list a few questions of your own for the blogs you have nominated:
So, Autism-Mom, Wendy Jane, Mother O’ Jim, Loco, Baby Boomer and Sassy these are for you:
1. What first inspired you to blog?
2. Has your blog changed direction in any way since you began?
 3. What is your favorite post (borrowing this question just because I like it)
4. What is your favorite movie?
5. What is your favorite television show?
Thank you again, Autism Mom for the nod and of course, thank you for reading.
I am heading directly to her list to check out the blogs I haven’t read before.
Hope you all will check out the blogs I have nominated! They are all totally worth your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment