Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day Update

Mother’s Day update | Taking it a Step at a Time - Autism

I just had to write an update to my Mother’s Day Post from yesterday,Mother’s Day and The Macaroni Necklace”.

DC loves to draw and he does draw quite a few pictures for me. His favorite subjects are flowers, cakes and once in a while,  pizza too. He draws pictures for me at times for no reason but usually his “Flowers for Mom” drawings are reserved for the times he thinks he is in trouble and the times he IS in trouble. When you see “Flowers for Mom” pictures laying about when you walk into my house, chances are DC is in trouble for something. He never draws for a holiday or birthday, unless it is suggested to him.

Less than 12 hours after I wrote..

“His mind still doesn’t go to “Hey let’s make Mom a card or a gift for Mother’s Day”

DC woke up, announced, “Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!”. We went to the kitchen and I was making coffee,  I turned around and there was DC at the table drawing.

He stopped when he saw me look at him as if I wasn’t supposed to see; “Sorry, Buddy, I won’t look”, and he continued on.

A few minutes later he presented me with this picture, with no prompting and no one to tell him it what a good idea it might be!



And less than 12 hours after I wrote…..

“Such a difference from the boy who didn’t know it was a holiday or to know that he should give me the gift in the back pack to the “man” who just can’t wait to make me happy with his gift!”

there was more…………….

Happy Mother’s Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment